When digestion is a little slow or agni (digestive fire) is weak (bloating, gas, foggy mind, lethargy) or you would like to lose weight eat a blended soup for dinner. The best time for dinner is just before sunset. After the sun sets Agni (digestive fire) is low and it's harder for the body to digest. Here is a simple recipe/guideline. Once you make it a couple of times you’ll become a pro soup master!
Blended Veggie Soup
Here's a DELICIOUS dish to add to your weekly breakfast menu!
“Pohash”- Savory Breakfast Delight! (or any meal you like)
(If you don’t have all of the ingredients it’s ok! Make your own version and enjoy.)
*If your Pitta is high then eat this as a treat once and awhile. You can also reduce the onions and chillies to make it less spicy.
*Pearl onions, shallots, green thai chilies and baby tomatoes are easier on the system then their counterparts.
* You can substitute yam/sweet potato with the zucchini to change things up! Or any veggie that you like! Have fun with it!
Sedative, grounding, building/nourishing (Vata/Pita pacifying)
Ingredients (serves 2)
Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
-Reduces stress and anxiety
-Clears and releases toxins
-Calms and rejuvenates the nervous system
-Helps to balance hormones
-Supports clear and balanced respiratory channels
-Helps to alleviate respiratory allergies that cause hay fever, sneezing, or wheezing
-Fosters mental clarity and an alert mind
-Enhances the ability to concentrate
-Brings balance to the left and right hemispheres of the brain
Here is a 15 minute practice you can follow along to each day until you are familiar with the practice and can do it without a guided video.
Since being on Holiday I have used this spray daily for multiple purposes! I can't get enough of it and is currently my favorite new product because of its effectiveness and multiple uses!
I've used it for bug spray protection, immune boosting and protecting (on airplane), soothe sore muscles from dance class, clear toxins from the body when I had a cold and cough and a room deodorizer (smells, bacteria and energy)!
If you travel carry this in your purse! If you're a bodywork practitioner it can be sprayed on the bottoms of your clients feet for thermogenic qualities (heats up the tootsies) and it also clears the channels assisting with immune function/strength! If you have children ages 12 and up you can spray the bottoms of their feet before putting socks on and going to school to protect them from bacteria and viruses!
And a little goes a long way! I've used it non stop and there is still plenty left in the bottle!
This product is a winner in my books! yay!
From the Chandika Website:
"Product DescriptionTribindu is a classical formula named after the 3 drops it carries: camphor, peppermint, ajwain. Instead of using the essential oils, Vaidya uses the crystals of these herbs for greater purity and potency. Vaidya has made 2 SVA variations: with or without Tulsi (Holy Basil).
What does Tribindu do?
It’s a natural thermogenic mixture that helps unblock them micro and macro-circulatory, physical and vibrational channels, thus supplying more oxygenation to the body overall.
thermogenesis helps to burn the shleshak kapha and ama combination - shleshma. It travels transdermally through the skin to the rasa and rakta dhatu-s, the lymph and blood tissues clearing them up, and thus reinvigorating whenever there is fatigue due to ama or toxic build-up.
Tulsi and Camphor have antibacterial and antiviral properties confirmed by scientific studies. They help maintain the physiology as well as the environment free of contaminants.
Tribindu can be used to ward off insect and mosquito bites, as the aroma of the mixture acts as a repellant to them. Careful topical application on clothes and some body parts will help keep away insects and mosquitos.
As a thermogenic mixture, Tribindu can be used to ease off tight and sore muscles, as well as achy joints. High Pitta individuals or those with sensitive skin should dilute some of the drops in almond oil or jojoba oil before applying on the skin.
9 uses of Tribindu:
1) Use it to help support your sinus pathways and discourage potential bacterial growth in your oral cavity - apply on a scarf, wrap around your mouth and nose and gently inhale
2) Spray it in your room – on your couch, pillows, carpet, desk, or just in the air, to clean and refresh the air. You can also use an essential oil diffuser and squirt 2-3 times into the water and then plug it in for sustained delivery.
3) Apply a small amount on your feet and massage in: when you have fatigue, poor circulation, cold hands and feet, the Tribindu will warm you up right away, enhancing circulation and thermogenesis.
4) Apply on sore achy muscles before and also after exercise to mobilize and evacuate toxic build-up and ease the flow of toxins to support enhanced mobility
5) Support your overall circulation and thermo-genesis, specially in cold weather, when you have to go out - apply on hands and feet before putting on gloves and socks.
6) Use it to ease away tension and stress from your neck and shoulder areas – spray 2-3 times and massage in. You can also use it on your lower or upper back areas
7) Use it to ward off insect bites or to soothe itchiness from bites: spray on insect bites or mosquito bites and massage – do not spray on an open wound or bite.
8) Spray on joints – knees, elbows, wrists, ankles, finger joints, etc, morning and evening, to help maintain healthy joints free from toxic accumulation, and enhance mobility. Spray and gently massage.
9) You can also use the Tribindu to help ward off infections, for example, apply on your nails and fingers after clipping them.
Whichever way you use it, it is a great and safe household remedy to keep close by, rain or shine!" Purchase Here
For the next two weeks I am offering a special on Gift Certificates! The Gift of Health is a gift that gives impactful lifelong lasting results! What more could one ask for?!
Receive 20% off until February 1st when you enter code LOVEMONTH
Gift Certificates can be applied towards:
On an Ayurvedic Detox (Panchakarma) you can eat so many yummy things! There are only a few days out of about a month long process that the diet is light and dull otherwise you’re eating like a healthy King/Queen!
If you’re curious about Panchakarma I offer a free 30 minute information call.
Click here to schedule your call. And enjoy this delicious recipe!
Vegan Thai-style Soup
For the next several days I am offering a special on Gift Certificates! The Gift of Health is a gift that gives impactful lifelong lasting results! What more could one ask for?!
Receive 20% off until December 7th when you enter code GIFTHEALTH
Maverick physician Henry Bieler recommended this broth for energy and for overall health. He felt that this combination of veggies was ideal for restoring acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance to organs and glands, especially the sodium loving adrenal glands. Bieler broth is highly recommended for those under stress or suffering from stress-related conditions, such as back pain and ligament problems.
Makes 2 quarts
This is a wonderful pick-me-up, drunk warm like tea: a great rejuvenator for those who have been sick or are recovering from childbirth.
Makes 2 quarts
During the Holidays we can end up eating a great deal of heavy foods, over eating, poor food combing, eating late at night and drinking a lot of alcohol which will compromise digestion causing things like gas, bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea, fatigue and foggy mind to name a few symptoms. CCF tea can be a lifesaver! Instead of other tea, drinks and even plain water you can drink this all day long.
When it comes to your digestive system, this tea is a game changer. A combination of three classic culinary spices—cumin, coriander, and fennel—this tea aids in the absorption of nutrients and stimulates the lymphatic system.
Let’s look at the ingredients to understand the power of this tea...
Benefits of Cumin, Coriander and Fennel
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
4–5 cups water
Heat the water in a stainless steel pot over high heat. Add the seeds. Allow the tea to boil for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the preferred strength. Strain out the seeds, place in an insulated thermos, and sip throughout the day.
If you get into the habit of making this tea daily, here are two CCF pro hacks: